Favorite Foundation Scriptures
God created heaven and earth
- Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
God created man
- Genesis 2:7 Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.
Man sinned – God came
- Genesis 3:6 When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.
- Genesis 3:8, 9 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden. But the Lord God called to the man, “Where are you?”
God loved the world
- John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
God demonstrated love
- Romans 5:8 God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
The Word became flesh
- John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
Our pain and transgression
- Isaiah 53:4a Surely he took up our pain and bore our suffering. . .
- Isaiah 53:5 He was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.
Confess and Believe
- Romans 10:9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
- Romans 10:13 Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
Justified by faith
- Romans 5:1 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
I am crucified
- Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Walk in newness of life
- Romans 6:4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.
- Matthew 6:33 Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
The Holy Spirit
- John 16:13 When he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.
- Acts 1:8 You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.
The Word of God
- Joshua 1:8 Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.
- Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
I am not ashamed
- Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.
Worship in spirit & truth
- John 4:24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”
Abide in me
- John 15:4 Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
- John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
I have your plans
- Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
The love of the believer
- John 13:34-35 A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.
The witness of the believer
- John 17:21 That all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me
The walk of the believer
- Ephesians 4:30-32 Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
The character of the believer
- Galatians 5:22-23 The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
The stand of the believer
- Ephesians 6:11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. The belt of truth, the breastplate of righteousness, feet fitted with the gospel of peace, the shield of faith, the helmet of salvation, the sword of the spirit. Pray in the Spirit.
The Great Commandment
- Matthew 22:36-38 Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law? Jesus replied: Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment
The Great Commission
- Matthew 28:19-20 Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”